I’m excited to talk about Thieves oil. It is probably my favorite oil. There are practical uses for it around the house with cleaning and mold removal, but, I want to focus specifically on health related benefits. Thieves oil doesn’t just smell good, it provides tremendous health benefits.
How Does Thieves Work in the Body?
“Thieves essential oil blend is effective against the flu virus and infectious diseases. When the virus enters the body, it is attached to our cells and then engulfed into the cells. The virus then integrates into our genomes and activate our cells to reproduce. Thieves oil doesn’t affect the attachment of virus to cells. It does not affect the proliferation in our cells. But, it blocks the protein synthesis of the virus, thus it can’t be spread. Other essential oils also have this type of properties.” ~ Dr. H.K. Lin
What is in Thieves Essential Oil?
Thieves essential oil consists of 5 different oils. They are listed below along with a brief description of each oil.
- Clove Essential Oil (Syzygium aromaticum) – promotes a healthy immune response, and may support overall wellness An important ingredient in Young Living’s Thieves blend, its principal constituent is eugenol.
- Lemon Essential Oil (Citrus limon) – Lemon consists of 68 percent d-limonene, a powerful antioxidant; and may be beneficial for the skin. It has cleansing and purifying properties. Jean Valnet MD estimated that it takes 3,000 lemons to produce one kilo of oil!
- Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil (Cinnamomum verum) – The essential oil promotes a healthy immune response, and helps maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil (Eucalyptus radiata) – may support a healthy respiratory system; and to soothe muscle discomfort after exercise.
- Rosemary Essential Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis CT cineol) – was one of the most broadly used plants throughout the ages. Supports a healthy lifestyle regimen and overall well-being. This oil provides a savory addition to many meats marinades, side dishes, and dressings. Rosemary includes the naturally occurring constituents eucalyptol and alpha-pinene.
— Bryce Dovenbarger (@rebelliouscolon) January 21, 2017
Now that you understand what makes up Thieves oil let’s jump right into a few uses for Thieves as it relates to health.
- Immunity – Applying a couple drops to the bottoms of your feet, diffusing it where you’re working or sitting, add a drop to a glass of water are just a few uses. Thieves is well documented for boosting and therefore aiding your immune system. How much? This has not been officially measured that I’m aware of. However, it’s been said that people who wore thieves during the bubonic plague did not get sick and die. Sounds like a powerful addition to the health and wellness arsenal.
- Respiratory System – Thieves contains Eucalyptus oil. One of it’s known aids for the body is respiratory health. Add a few drops with a little carrier vegetable capsule and take orally as a supplement.
- Prevent Infection – Add 1-3 drops to a cut or open wound to aid in the cauterizing and healing process. It’s amazing to watch the healing process to a wound with Thieves oil. I always take before and after picks now because of the incredible results.
- Congestion Relief – Breathing in the vapors while diffusing allows Thieves to enter the lungs and prevent the virus or infection from spreading.
- Headache and Migraine Relief – Make a hot Thieves tea by adding 1-3 drops of Thieves oil to hot purified water. Works like a charm! You can also place a drop on your thumb and apply to the roof of your mouth.
- Protection from Colds and Flu – Put a couple drops directly on the bottom of your feet.
- Reduce Inflammation – Add a couple drops with Peppermint essential oil directly to the affected location. This will soothe and reduce the inflammation in that location.
- Sore Throat – Add 1-2 drops to a tablespoon of purified water, gargle and swallow.
- Toothaches – Apply 1-2 drops directly to the gums and teeth.
- Bronchitis – Add a few drops to a couple drops of olive oil. Apply directly to the upper chest area.
As you can see there’s a wide range of health-related uses. These are just a few that we have used in our family. Dispose of those typical drugs and medications you might take and switch to Thieves today. Try my Thieves Tea recipe for the cold and flu season to help prevent sickness from taking you down.
Please share some of the ways you have used them for you and your family.