While on our yearly family vacation in 2010, during the worst of my Crohn’s disease symptoms, I was experiencing some of the most severe stomach cramping, stomach pain, migraines, acid reflux and a whole host of other symptoms that I had at that point. I was down for the count while the family was outside enjoying the beautiful ocean breeze, watching the dolphin rise and fall with the waves. I could’ve curled up and died right there. However, bless my beautiful wife, she came in and asked me how I was doing and if I wanted to try some of this new oil stuff she just got into. She asked me to rub 2 drops of fennel on my navel area and put 1 drop under my tongue. I said, “I’ll try anything right now to make this go away!” After no more than 15 minutes, all pain and symptoms were gone. I had to pinch myself to make sure I could feel pain so I knew it was real.
If you ask me if I believe in essential oils, the answer is 100% yes! This is why I’m sharing this information with you today, so you can benefit from the power of oils in your life.
Without further ado, let me introduce fennel essential oil.
Fennel essential oil is considered a dietary supplement that supports the digestive system in multiple ways. Includes naturally occurring components such as menthol, citrol, and zingibere.
What’s in it?
There are eight different essential oils in fennel. They are listed below along with a brief description of each oil.
- Peppermint Essential Oil (Mentha piperita) is one of the most highly regarded herbs for supporting normal digestion, including promoting healthy intestinal function and gastrointestinal system comforts.
- Lemongrass Essential Oil (Cymbopogon flexuosus) The Benefits of Lemongrass include supports healthy digestive system. Contains the naturally occurring constituent geranial.
- Juniper Essential Oil (Juniperus osteosperma) It may work as a detoxifier and cleanser, is beneficial to the skin, and supportive to the urinary system. It is a natural cleanser and detoxifier.
- Patchouli Essential Oil (Pogostemon cablin) has a sweet and rich aroma that may improve the appearance of dry and chapped skin.
- Ginger Essential Oil (Zingiber officinale) is supportive of the digestive system, ginger is commonly used to soothe, comfort, and balance digestive discomfort. Spicy and warm.
- Fennel Essential Oil (Foeniculum vulgare) The Benefits of Fennel date back to the ancient Egyptians. It is stimulating to the circulatory, glandular, respiratory, and digestive systems. It also may support feelings of well-being during the menstrual cycle.
- Tarragon Essential Oil (Artemisia dracunculus) The Tarragon Plant and Essential Oil It is supportive to the digestive system and supports overall wellness.
- Anise (Pimpinella anisum) is used to support a healthy digestive system.
13 Uses for Fennel Essential Oil?
There’s quite a few but here’s what I consider the top of the list.
- IBD pains
- Digestive inflammation
- Food poisoning
- Kills parasites
- Helps fight Candida
- Morning sickness
This is a not a complete list, however, the list is quite convincing. It is fast acting and I’ve not heard of anyone say otherwise.
Use this oil orally, topically or inhale it via diffuser or straight from the bottle.
Fennel essential oil is a must have to keep on hand if you are human or animal. Get some today!
Fennel has a strong taste. If it’s too much for you to handle, dilute it to a 50:50 solution using a carrier oil such as olive, avocado or coconut oil. (Do not use vegetable or canola!)